Youth Study Abroad Student Exchange Program
The You and I study abroad student exchange program is a one to ten weeks leadership program that takes students overseas and out of their comfort zone, giving them an immersion into a new city or community and the opportunity to develop their Cultural Intelligence (CQ): the ability to cross boundaries and thrive in multiple cultures. On the program, you will investigate a complex challenge in the context of the host country, through a combination of online and offline learning, and develop practical, actionable solutions to this challenge, whilst developing your leadership skills and studying in a different school or university from your home country.
We have partnered with the Commonwealth Students Association and Universities to deliver this program.
Objectives of the program
We aim to achieve this for and with the students;
- Take them overseas and out of their comfort zone.
- Grow their Cultural Intelligence: the ability to cross boundaries and thrive in multiple cultures, by immersing them into a new country and taking them on an experiential learning journey.
- Build networks in a new country, learning with and from its leaders.
- Learn and practice the skills required to quickly understand and address complex global issues.
- Learn from a different school or university and take the lessons and experience back to their own country.
Making the most of the program
The program is highly interactive and it is your responsibility to make the most of each session, day and the program overall. Each day will include a unique mix of speakers, visits and activities. You are encouraged to come with an open mind and a sense of adventure so you can be in the best possible position to take advantage of this opportunity.