You and I Awards brings together world-renowned speakers and performers with thousands of youth to celebrate the power of service.The best part is that the participants earn their event tickets by taking one local and one global action through You and I activities that engage, educate, enable and empower young people to become compassionate leaders and active citizens. This is from their You and I Academy Group Challenge presented to them as part of the team’s contribution to society.
This event also acts as the Graduation Ceremony for all the youth participants that have successfully completed the You and I Academy Experience. You and I empowers a positive impact in society. We make this impact through the You and I Awards, a celebration of youth making a difference in their local and global communities. This impact is sustained all year round through You and I which nurtures compassion in young people and gives them the tools to create transformative social change.
What you get
Winners of this prestigious Award will receive a unique package of training, mentoring and networking. With this support, Award winners will be expected to continue and develop the amazing work they are already doing in their communities.
Our aim is to raise the next generation of leaders. These leaders are value-based and entrepreneurial leaders who pursue both economic and social value and create not only financial wealth but a wealth of opportunities for others.
How we do this
You and I Awards will take place on the final day of the You and I National Volunteers Week.
We invite you to join a community of people who are making the world a better place because; ‘The World is counting on You and I to make a difference’.
Plan for your volunteer week
The first rule of change-making masterminds is this: if you want to pull off something epic, you need a team. Buddy up with your best friends and family to make a plan that will get the world on its feet for National Volunteer Week. Make a team, make a plan and make it legendary. The first team is your You and I Academy Group and this an opportunity to work with other people during this volunteer week.
Sign up by contacting You and I. It’s easy to get involved when it’s for a cause your group cares about, so you’ll want to kick things off by finding causes that mean something to all of you. Get a group of friends together to brainstorm and research issues affecting your community. Discuss why each issue is important and how your group might contribute to a solution.
Whether you’re organizing a volunteer day at a local homeless shelter or inventing your own way of giving back, you’re going to need a plan and some expert advice.
Learn from the pros! Look for national or local organizations that can offer advice or volunteer opportunities related to your issue. Visit websites to contact a spokesperson and find out how to get involved.
Pick your actions. You’ve got a whole week to change the world, so try out different actions based on the issues you’ve chosen and the talents of your team.
- Volunteer to perform music or lead games at a children’s home.
- Clean up a local park, or add more garbage cans and reduce littering.
- Get a group together to learn about safe driving and the dangers of texting and driving, then deliver a presentation at a local university.
iii) Go digital
Build hype with your friends and family to get more people involved and excited to make a difference. You won’t believe the impact you can make with an enthusiastic community backing you up.
- Organize a volunteer recruitment fair. Tell everyone why you’re so passionate about the causes you are supporting, how you’re planning to take action and what they can do to help. Enthusiasm is contagious!
- Use #abetteryouandi to connect to the larger conversation or add a personal touch by texting your friends to invite them to learn more.
iv) Let’s do this
It’s time to get out there and volunteer. But make sure you take the time to savour the moment, check-in with each other and make memories together. Here are a few things you’ll want to do as you go:
- Talk with the people you’re volunteering with or the people you’re helping, to learn more about your issue and how your actions are helping address its root causes.
- Get a group photo (and some nice selfies) of you in action. Post to social media and challenge your friends to take on their own volunteer actions. Don’t forget to tag all You and I Social Media pages and use #abetteryouandi
v) Join the Celebration at You and I Awards
Make it a party! Celebrate your impact. And make sure you tell your volunteer story to as many people as possible. Neighbors, friends on social media, and local news outlets are good places to start. Think big, we want good to go viral! #abetteryouandi
Join us at the You and I Awards ceremony to celebrate your success and your graduation from the You and I Academy with the rest of the participants.